ICONS GUIDELINES 2022
CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
The call ICONS is open to anyone who would like to propose a poster art project. It is free to participate and applicants can take part individually or as a group; collectives will be treated as individual persons.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE AND APPLICATION DEADLINE
Each individual or group may propose up to three projects, which must be received by the Festival organizers no later than midnight (Italian time) on January 6, 2023.
Please fill the form and upload your posters files.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE PROJECTS
The pieces can be created using any of the following techniques: vector graphics, illustration, photography and/or collage.
At the link “Download ICONS call material folder” you can download the folder with the base files for laying out your posters.
1. Number of posters: minimum 1 poster – maximum 3 posters
2. Working method: Color or b/w, but always use the CMYK color method.
3. Resolution: max 200 dpi.
4. Format: .pdf
5. Weight: max 50 Mb for each file
6. Dimensions: 70×100 cm (vertical) / 100×70 cm (horizontal)
7. Name of the artist to include in the poster: Please write your name or artist name in Helvetica font on the layer set aside for this purpose that you’ll find in the pre-set file.
Download ICONS cheap call material folder
Inside the pre-set files downloadable at “Download ICONS cheap call material folder” that we provide as a base for layout, you will find 3 levels:
1_level named IMAGE where you can insert your piece. The final poster format (70×100 or 100×70) will necessarily have a band of white at the bottom.
2_level named CHEAP, containing a white band, the cheap logo and our site. This layer is locked and must not be deleted or hidden.
3_level named NAME is a text layer and it is here that we ask you to insert your regular or artist name. This name must match the one you enter in the information form. The file is set to Helvetica; use that font for your name.
Your pieces will be excluded if:
– will not be original works or works already exhibited or published on social networks or other channels
– will arrive after the deadline
– fail to follow the technical specifications
– don’t respect the ICONS CALL theme
USE OF SELECTED PROJECTS
The authors of individual projects are the exclusive holders of ownership rights associated with the artwork, the originality of which they personally vouch for. By participating in the ICONS call, the artists also implicitly agree to the rules of the call, specifically, that the artwork will be temporary displayed in an urban space and used by the organizers to promote the activities of the CHEAP association. For additional information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org